SOLVENT FREE EPOXY FLOOR PAINT
We have always had a great service from Black Country Paints. They deliver as promised and will always try to accommodate our various requirements. We order large quantities on a regular basis and have never had a problem with the consistency of materials and the colour matches.
Across the whole of the UK
10,000 + Colours
Mixed to order
1 - 3 Days from order
Bulk Order Discounts
On a wide range of our paints
Solvent Free Epoxy Floor Paint
Solvent Free Epoxy Floor Paint is a low odour paint suitable for new and old concrete floors where heavy traffic will occur. It has self levelling compounds that can also be used to fill cracks and holes. It is the most durable floor coating we offer with a high gloss finish.
- KEY FACTS
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Internal applications only
- Two coats recommended
- Can be used to fill cracks and holes.
- Has self-levelling properties.
- Low odour
- Mixing ratio 4.220kg of paint to 0.780kg catalyst.
- Pot life once catalysed 45 minuets
- Touch Dry in 2-4 Hours.
- Overcoat in 12-24 Hours.
- Light traffic after 2-3 days.
- Full Dry in 7 Days.
- Suitable for heavy traffic (vehicles).
- Coverage approx. 4 square metres per kg (we cannot be held responsible for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage).
- Application by brush and roller
- When applying to pre painted floors ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating which will give good intercoat adhesion.
- Minimum operational temperature is 10 degrees centigrade, paint will not cure below 10 degrees c.
- Although Solvent Free Epoxy Floor Paint offers the best chemical resistance and protection from the elements, the colours will chalk and fade in external applications.
- Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife to mix
- Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
- Mix the catalyst in to tub before tipping into a paint tray
- Ensure all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problem.
If using product to fill cracks and holes prime the area with the same product with a brush first leave it 1 hour, then poor in until effected area is filled in.
First make sure the floor is suitably prepared – remove any flaking paint, lightly abrade any existing paint, hoover or sweep any loose dust or bits. Ensure concrete is clean from and grease or oil.
Once you have mixed the paint as explained above you can start by cutting in the edges with a brush then rolling out the first coat.
After 12-24 hours apply your second coat. The area must be left for 7 days before using.
BS 00 A 05
BS 00 A 09
BS 08 E 51
BS 14 C 39
BS 18 B 25
BS 18 E 53
Contact Us Today
This product is ideal for garages, industrial factory, warehouses, industrial kitchen and shop floors to provide a highly protective and hard wearing coating with excellent chemical resistance, also can be used as a dust sealer for concrete floors.