BC paints manufacture a market-leading electrostatic coating with a high solids content, developed to provide superb value for high-volume paint users (average order volume 3000 L or more). The paint is available in any colour. Choose from an extensive range of standard hues.
Our unique, low solvent formula is compliant with all council-run solvent reduction schemes.
What is electrostatic paint?
Electrostatic coatings use positively charged particles to evenly coat a conductive, metallic surface. As the paint particles are electrically attracted to the surface, electrostatic paints provide greater coverage efficiency, less overspray and better wraparound than other spray paints. The reduced solvent content also lowers environmentally harmful VOC emissions. Electrostatic coatings are not compatible with nonconductive surfaces, such as wood, metal, stone and concrete.
Electrostatic paints provide numerous environmental, cost-saving and time-saving advantages over conventional spray paint:
- Reduced VOC emissions
- Less overspray (paint missing the surface when sprayed and left in the atmosphere), meaning less air pollution and lower environmental impact
- Reduced health risk to spray paint operators
- No hazardous or toxic materials
- Cost-saving benefits
- Improved paint transfer efficiency – 25% less waste than conventional spray paints
- Reduced overspray means you use less paint for each coating
- Improved durability and quality compared with conventional spray paint
- Better, more even surface coverage
- Fast and easy to apply
- No thinner required – simply give the paint a quick stir and use immediately
- Ultrafast drying – reduced risk of water spotting
- High build rate of up to 450 µm per coat before the paint starts to run
Our electrostatic paint is compatible with most types of spray equipment, including Graco, Wagner, DeVilbiss and Kremlin. Follow your manufacturer’s instructions and apply in the same way as a conventional spray paint.
Our electrostatic paint can be ordered directly through our online store, by contacting our technical sales team by phone or email, or by speaking with your account manager. We offer a UK-wide delivery service and after-sales technical support, including advice on storage, application and curing. Full technical data is supplied with each order. Please allow a 2 to 3 day delivery lead time from receipt of order. Minimum order volume 20 L, with attractive rates available for higher volume orders.
To find out more, or to discuss your requirements with one of our team, please call 01902 428482 today.